RSS

Category Archives: BREAKING NEWS

Samuel Eto’o bids farewell to Russia

Image

You’d always be in my mind. Merci!

As the big move to Chelsea is currently under negotiation in London, Cameroon’s striker, Samuel Eto’o is reported to have said his final goodbyes to his teammates at Anzhi Makhachkala.

According to Russian newspaper, Izvesta, Eto’o’s football agent is expected today in North London, Stamford Bridge, to finalise the transfer deal said to be worth £4 million a season.

At 32, Eto’o is still the talent wanted by any team that values a player who has the panache and passion to transform a club with results as well as silverwares.

Skipper of Cameroon national team, the Indomitable Lions, Eto’o joined the Russian club, Anzhi Makhachkala in August 2011, after winning two European Champions League titles in a row with FC Barcelona and Inter Milan, with a record-breaking fee of £21 million.

However, with the Russian team troubled by financial crisis, Eto’o, like the other top earning players were made available for transfer so as to cut cost.

Apart from Chelsea, which Eto’o personally expressed his desire to play for under former manager, Jose Mourinho, Inter Milan of Italy, his former club, and Qatar’s Al- Gharafa are also monitoring and interested to sign him before the transfer window finally shut next week.

With the ambition, hot cash, excited fans and the great opportunities to enjoy European Champions League football again, Chelsea remains the best team for Eto’o at the moment.

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on August 28, 2013 in BREAKING NEWS

 

Samuel Eto’o joins Mourinho at Chelsea

Image

Samuel Eto’o in Blue

Cameroon Indomitable Lions’ captain and the highest paid footballer in the world, Samuel Eto’o Fils has completed his move to Stamford Bridge, London, to join former manager Jose Mourinho.

According to British newspaper, The Telegraph, the prolific striker is expected in the UK within the next 24 hours for a medical to become officially a member of The Blues team.

The transfer of Eto’o according to the newspaper’s report is part of the negotiations to sign Brazil midfielder, William who also, is his teammate at the Russian club, Anzhi Makhachkala.

However, Chelsea manager, Mourinho does not want Eto’o signing to be made public before Monday’s crucial match against arch-rival Manchester United under a new manger, David Moyes and Wayne Rooney in the squad.

Unable to bring Rooney to the North London club as his price tag kept changing and negotiations stalling, Mourinho and Chelsea’s Russian owner decided to move smart and snatch William from Tottenham before adding Eto’o to finalise the deal.

While William is still expecting a decision from the Home Office about his work permit by Wednesday, Eto’o who also has a Spanish passport would be agog to sport Chelsea blue and lead the attack line and deliver the goals in plenty.

With remarkable records with European top teams, FC Barcelona and Inter Milan under his belt, Eto’o, 32 would be expected to ignite the dynamic Chelsea have been lacking upfront since the departure of  Didier Drogba.

Image

Goalscorer by nature, Eto’o poised to animate English football

Working again with Mourinho, whom Eto’o described as one of the best coaches in the world, there is no doubt that Chelsea fans would quickly adore him with every match, touch and goal as the season progresses.

 
4 Comments

Posted by on August 25, 2013 in BREAKING NEWS

 

Tags:

Millions pray as Mandela fights for life

Image

As Nelson Mandela, 94, spends his second day in hospital for another lung infection millions upon millions of prayers have be sent and said the world over to wish him a speedy recovery.

Since taken to hospital on Saturday morning, Madiba, the former president of South Africa and winner of the 1993 Noble Peace Prize was said to be in a serious but stable condition.

With no further information disclosed since then it is rather speculated that Mandela might be fighting for his life as the entire nation holds its breath.

President Jacob Zuma has called upon his fellow South Africans to pray for the freedom fighter as prayers were offered in most churches across the country today for his recovery.

Nevertheless, there were also divided opinions in the South African press and public.

Some people believed it was time to let Mandela to die peacefully, while other admirers preferred that his family should instead be given privacy to spend the last moment with the anti-Apartheid hero.

Some of the newspapers in South Africa carried headlines such as:

“Nation holds its breath”

“It’s time to let him go”

Whether Mandela makes it home again or not from the Pretoria hospital, the million and one question many must be pondering at the moment, is how would all his millions of supporters and admirers across the world including even world leaders going to cope living a life without him.

In his sick and fragile state Mandela still commands respect and admiration, especially for his endurance and self-sacrificing effort to succumb to tortures and torments for 27 years in jail just fighting for the freedom of his own people.

A course, which he proudly said he was ready to defend even at the cause of his life.

“During my lifetime I have dedicated my life to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideals of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for, and to see realized. But My Lord, if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.”

  – Mandela’s speech in court when charged under the Suppression of Communism Act and facing the death penalty, 20 April 1964.

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on June 9, 2013 in BREAKING NEWS, News

 

Kidnapped, French family freed in Cameroon

Image

All seven freed today

Seven members of a French family kidnapped by a Nigerian militant group have been handed over to Cameroon government today, all unhurt and in good health.

The family kidnapped on 19 February in the Waza national park of Far North Cameroon – included a worker of GDF Suez, his wife, four children and an uncle – was on a safari trip.

In a  recorded message passed on to French radio, Radio France Internationale, RFI, a month later, the head of the kidnapped French family has pleaded to Cameroon’s President Paul Biya to negotiate for their release, especially that of the  four children said to be living under unbearable conditions.

According to the radio message, a man believed to be the family head or father, Tanguy Moulin-Fournier pleaded directly to President Biya to let go the men arrested in Cameroon so that they could also be set free.

A  French authority had openly declared earlier that the French government would not pay any ransom to the militants in exchange for their release.

A counter-release posted online disclosed the militants’ rejection to any offer to talk with the French, which they said were enemies of Islam, leaving only Cameroon to initiate any probable deal.

With the will, but no skilled manpower or means to approach the militants, Cameroon government had no choice but to dig deep to rescue the hostage without any loss of life or casualties.

Cameroon had the challenge

At the time when the French government was overburdened by the operation in north Mali, while also trying to rescue its citizens taken hostage by various Islamic groups or runaway jihadists from the Middle East, any French ally who had offered a helping hand would obviously had be welcomed.

Image

The family’s vehicle was abandoned after it got stuck

Biya was put under pressure to negotiate a deal or lead any operation for the release, first to keep his Franco-Cameroon relationship intact and secondly to save his face in front of other African countries.

As a sovereign state, the government of Cameroon equally needed to act promptly to defend its territory, its citizens as well as national interest and pride.

The French community in Cameroon is quite huge, and for them to feel secure and at home, Biya’s government had to prove to them that they can rely on them for safety, starting with the rescue of the French family with very young children.

How the family was released or whether any ransom was offered is of no importance, but the job that all seven were freed in good health.

 
2 Comments

Posted by on April 19, 2013 in BREAKING NEWS, News

 

Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher is dead

Image

Baroness Thatcher 1925 – 2013

Britain’s former Prime Minster Margret Thatcher has peacefully passed away this morning following a stroke according to her spokesperson.

She had been in bad shape of recently and was once admitted in hospital before suffering a stroke today and could not recover.

Thatcher, 87 was the first woman ever to become Prime Minister in 1979 under the Conservative party.

In power for 11 years, Thatcher divided public opinion in the UK as well as the world over, especially when Britain occupied the Falkland peninsula which Argentina claim ownership till date.

When Britain won the war, her popularity and governance become renowned. Often described as the Iron Lady, Thatcher brought in lots of changes to the British political system.

Although she won three conservative elections to stay in power, she was finally forced to resign in 1990 – an ending which she revealed later was regrettable since it wasn’t by an election or of her will, but that of political pressure from the party.

 
4 Comments

Posted by on April 8, 2013 in BREAKING NEWS

 

Pope Francis raises dust on the sex saga

Image

Pope Francis wants accused punished

The head of the Catholic Church Pope Francis has spoken for the first time about the sex abuse saga that has been a thorn in the flesh of his predecessor, Pope Benedict.

In a meeting with senior heads at the Vatican today, the Pope said the church must take tough actions against any priest who sexually abuses minors or children. According to him, children must be protected from such act, while those responsible for the diabolic crime that has rocked the church in many years must also face justice.

The sexual abuse saga was seen as one of the problems that worried Pope Benedict for years and probably caused him to back down as head of the church. Although his resignation did not push the matter under the carpets, many people have been waiting on Pope Francis to address the issue rather than stay mute.

With the Pope now showing concern for the church’s credibility and role model in the society, most of the sexual issues which have been uncovered and others yet to be brought to limelight would obviously be dealt with and in time. Although the pope’s action focuses more on children or minors, any priest who is having an extramural affairs with women must now think twice.

The sexual crisis concerning the Catholic Church is believed to have started in 2002, with the media raising an alarm to what seems to have be going on underground for ages, and the authorities at the top turning a blind eye to it.

 
2 Comments

Posted by on April 5, 2013 in BREAKING NEWS, News

 
 
%d bloggers like this: